Our intention is to minimise the impact of the escalating situation as much as possible. Inevitably, the situation will worsen in the coming weeks as the virus spreads across the country, causing widespread disruption and it will undoubtedly impact our services. We will make adjustments over the coming weeks and months, but the safety of our residents and staff remains our top priority.
Yesterday, the Government advised how to reduce COVID-19 transmission. Here are the steps we are taking to protect everyone in this ever-evolving situation:
- With effect from Wednesday 18th March we are closing our hubs at Clissold and Isledon. Kingsland Hub will have limited staff presence. All other staff will work remotely and will deliver service by phone and email.
- All our staff are being briefed regularly with updates as more information comes available from the Government, the NHS and the World Health Organisation. We are following this guidance.
- We are still taking referrals and aiming to help as many people as possible to find housing.
- We will provide regular updates through our website, Facebook, and Twitter.
- We will keep in regular contact with vulnerable residents to check on their wellbeing.
- If large numbers of staff become ill, our service will be reviewed and may be reduced.
- Non-urgent repairs may take longer than usual to resolve.
- Please report repairs to firstname.lastname@example.org rather than phoning where possible.
- Let us know if you are self-isolating when you report a repair.
- Please let us have your up-to-date mobile numbers and email addresses so that we can keep you updated about the rapidly changing situation.
- Our training courses have paused for now. We will be in touch to provide online study where possible.
- Outpost, our shop will reduce its opening hours to 11am to 4pm Tuesday to Saturday.
We will do our best to keep our tenants, participants, and staff safe and healthy. We hope you are all staying well.
From everyone at Peter Bedford Housing Association