We aim to minimise the impact of the escalating situation as much as possible. Inevitably, the situation will worsen in the coming weeks as the virus spreads across the country, causing widespread disruption and it will undoubtedly impact our services. We will make adjustments over the coming weeks and months, but the safety of our residents and staff remains our top priority.
We will support tenants to sustain their tenancies and will make as many new lettings as possible – our priority is always to prevent and reduce homelessness. We will continue to provide security for people at this unprecedented moment of need.
We are following Government advice to reduce COVID-19 transmission. Here are some of the steps we are taking to protect everyone in this ever-evolving situation:
- We have closed all our hubs, including Kingsland Hub to reduce transmission. All staff are working remotely and will continue to deliver a service by telephone and email. We will be outreaching where necessary from 30th
- Our staff are being briefed as more information becomes available from the Government, the NHS, and World Health Organisation. We are following this guidance.
- We are still taking referrals and will help as many people as possible to find housing.
- Please check our website, Facebook and Twitter for updates.
- We are regularly checking on the wellbeing of our vulnerable residents and we’re working with agencies that can help with shopping or care for the most vulnerable.
- If large numbers of staff become ill, our service will be reviewed and may be reduced.
- We are encouraging tenants who are well and able to support other more vulnerable tenants, making the most of Peter Bedford’s community spirit.
- We are only placing orders for urgent and emergency repairs at the moment and it may take a little longer than usual to resolve them.
- Please report repairs to firstname.lastname@example.org rather than phoning where possible.
- Let us know if have COVID 19 symptoms or if you are self-isolating either by telling your Housing Worker or when you report a repair.
- Please give us your up-to-date mobile numbers and email addresses so that we can keep you updated about the rapidly changing situation.
- Our training courses have paused for now. We will be in touch to provide online study where possible.
- Outpost, our shop, will be closed until further notice.
We will do our best to keep our tenants, participants, and staff safe and healthy. We hope you are all staying safe.
From everyone at Peter Bedford Housing Association
27th March 2020