We at Peter Bedford Housing Association are doing everything we can to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
It is our intention to try to minimise the impact of these measures as much as possible. Sadly, the virus spread widely across the country. This caused widespread disruption to our services. The safety of our residents, volunteers and staff has and always will be our top priority as we had to close and now as we start to re-open services.
We are supporting tenants to sustain their tenancies and are making as many lettings as possible of new tenancies to those people in housing need. One of our main purposes is to prevent and reduce homelessness, and so we will continue to provide security for people at this unprecedented moment of need.
We are following the Government advice each day to reduce the transmission of COVID-19 and we believe it’s critical to do our part to help. Following the closure of our hubs and our move to provide emergency services only, here are some of the steps we are now taking to safely increase the services we can offer. We are reviewing all the risks carefully before we do re-open:
- Over June, we are working to re-start day to day repairs and planned maintenance services (gas, electrical and energy performance). Staff will continue to work remotely wherever possible, but we expect to open a replacement key service this month. Where staff are working remotely they will continue to deliver a service by telephone and email.
- We will continue to outreach where necessary to check on vulnerable people we cannot make contact with, and to carry out fire checks across your homes.
- For those residents and participants who may be vulnerable, we are keeping in regular contact to check on their well-being and are providing support to help with shopping or care.
- Into July, we hope to be able to open up more services possibly re-opening our hubs for appointments only and offering access to IT facilities.
- We believe it will be at least September before we can offer training and face to face support for all tenants and participants. Our shop Outpost, remains closed at the present time.
The measures we may take to re-open services will depend on whether there is a surge in coronavirus cases, we may at any time need to reluctantly scale back services again.
This letter to social housing tenants from the Minister of Housing outlines available services.
We will continue to provide regular updates through our website, Facebook and Twitter.
We will continue to do our best to keep our tenants, participants and staff safe and healthy. We hope you are all staying well.
From everyone at Peter Bedford Housing Association
4th June 2020